2019 RIVERSIDE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Scholarship applications must be submitted electronically; however, there are four separate documents that must either be emailed or mailed to the Riverside Foundation in order to complete the application process. The scholarship recipient will receive $1,000.
• Must have been an active participant in their school’s musical entered in this year’s Riverside Awards.
• Applicants are required to attend the awards show.
• Must be a graduating senior.
• Must plan to major in theatre, musical theatre, vocal music, dance, performing arts administration, technical theatre, stage management, light/set/wardrobe design, playwriting, dramaturge, or theatre/dance education in college.
• Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Must have participated in theatrical activities throughout the majority of their high school career.
Complete the online application below (note: this must be completed in one sitting and once submitted, cannot be altered). All of the following documents must also be submitted to the Riverside Foundation for the Performing Arts by the scholarship application deadline. Failure to submit these items will result in an incomplete scholarship application that will not be considered by the scholarship committee. It is highly recommended that applicants submit all required documents at the same time, if possible.
Please email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to: The Riverside Foundation for the Performing Arts, 95 Riverside Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA 22406 Attn: Acting Program Director
• Academic Record: Official student transcript or academic record
• Student Essay: In 500 words or less, student must describe what the performing arts means to them and why they want to pursue this area of study in their college education. This essay is very critical and is the student’s only introduction to the committee. The essay needs to be complete and insightful as to why they are choosing this career path.
• Teacher or Faculty Recommendation: In 500 words or less, describe the student’s participation in classes, the school theatre program, and any other school-related extra-curricular activities. This must be submitted on official school letterhead and include the faculty member's signature, official title, and school email address.
• Proof of Acceptance to a College or University: Copy of an acceptance letter or other proof of acceptance to an institution of higher learning. Scholarship checks will be sent directly to the recipient’s school of choice. Note: This is not a mandatory item to include with the scholarship application; however, a scholarship will not be awarded to an applicant who does not provide this document.
Applications must be received by April 30th, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
For more information, e-mail: email@example.com